In addition to the dietary insurance of “filling the gaps” of our modern nutrition, the athlete and active person needs much more. This includes higher potencies of the key nutrients that protect and repair as well as those that are often depleted as a result of strenuous activity. While not an exhaustive list, some of these essential nutrients are Vitamin B12, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Selenium, Zinc and Vitamin E.
- Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 is an important water-soluble nutrient that is quickly depleted by stress. It plays an important role in energy production, red blood cell formation and healthy metabolism.
- Calcium: Calcium is essential for muscle contraction, which is necessary for exerting strength and force. It is also used in the process of building and maintaining bone.
- Iron: Iron is an integral part of the red blood cell, ensuring that enough oxygen is transported to your cells. Without enough iron, athletes can experience fatigue, poor protein metabolism and a lowered immune system.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is important for nerve and muscle function, muscle recovery and the conversion of blood sugar to energy.
- Potassium: Potassium is an electrolyte that is required for muscle contractions and helps to control your body’s water balance.
- Selenium: Selenium is a mineral with powerful antioxidant properties to help protect your body from the additional free radicals produced as a result of physical activity and stress.
- Zinc: Zinc is one of the most highly used minerals in your body. It is important for immune health, energy production and recovery from exercise.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is fat-soluble vitamin that helps to fight the damaging affects of free radicals. It has also been shown clinically to reduce exercise induced skeletal muscle damage.
Progressive’s MultiVitamins for Active Men and Active Women have been formulated with these needs in mind as well as with additional nutrients for a comprehensive offensive and defensive strategy to include electrolyte replacement, antioxidant support, increased oxygen uptake, combatting stress and greater recuperation.
Electrolyte Replacement: Potassium, calcium, magnesium, and sea salt take part in replacing and balancing the minerals and electrolytes lost through strenuous activity.
Antioxidant Support: Additional Vitamin A, C, and E, coenzyme Q10, selenium, alpha lipoic acid and grape seed extract help to neutralize the damage from exposure to increased free radicals.
Increased Oxygen Uptake: Malic acid, coenzyme Q10 and ginkgo biloba all contribute to greater oxygen uptake, which improves energy production and enhances performance, stamina and endurance.
Combat Stress & Fatigue: Additional B vitamins and higher potencies of the entire vitamin C family help to combat the increased stress levels associated with an active lifestyle. Glutathione, calcium, and magnesium also assist in supporting adrenal function and reducing fatigue.
Greater Recuperation: L-glutamine and phosphatidylserine help to minimize recovery time after exercise. They also aid in the repair and maintenance of muscle tissue.
Progressive MultiVitamins are age, gender and activity level specific to ensure that your body gets the nutrients it needs to thrive. They are also divided dose in a vegetable capsule for easy absorption and all day protection.
The best health insurance combines healthy eating, regular exercise, effective stress management and a high quality multivitamin that suits the unique nutritional needs of your active lifestyle. So the next time you find yourself in the multivitamin section of your local Health Food Store, look for Progressive MultiVitamins for Active Men and Active Women.